What is Invisalign®?
Get the beautiful straight teeth you've always wanted, without braces...
Invisalign® uses a series of invisible, removable, and comfortable aligners that no one can tell you're wearing. You can smile more during treatment as well as after. 3-D computer imaging technology is used to create the aligners and has been proven effective in straightening teeth.
Why would I want it?
Not only are the aligners invisible, they are removable, so you can eat and drink what you want while in treatment. Plus, brushing and flossing are no problem. They are also comfortable, with no metal to cause mouth abrasions during treatment. And no metal and wires will usually mean you spend less time in your doctor's office getting adjustments. Invisalign® also allows you to view your own virtual treatment plan when you start so you can see how your straight teeth will look when your treatment is complete.
How does it work?
You wear each set of aligners for about 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss. As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move — little by little, week by week — until they have straightened to their final position. You'll visit us about once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned. Total treatment time averages 9-15 months and the average number of aligners worn during treatment is between 18 and 30, but both will vary from case to case.
- How easy are the aligners to care for?
- The aligners are easily removable, so you can continue to brush and floss your teeth as you normally would. Cleaning your aligners is just as easy with the Invisalign® cleaning kit. Or you can simply brush and rinse them in lukewarm water. That's it! Achieving that great smile couldn't be easier!
- Will I have to change my diet?
- You'll remove the aligners each time you eat. This means you can continue to eat all the foods you love without any restrictions or worry about food getting stuck in your wires and brackets. Other teeth-straightening methods can make eating troublesome.
- Can I still be active?
- For those who are active in contact sports, Invisalign® allows you to continue wearing your aligners without having to worry about any sharp brackets cutting your mouth. If your sport requires wearing a protective mouth guard, simply remove your aligners and you're good to go!
- Will it affect my sleeping habits?
- Your bedtime routine can continue as before, with the simple addition of cleaning your aligners. You won't be struggling with trying to floss and brush in between brackets and wires, which can be time-consuming.
Advantage over Braces
- Effectively treats a wide variety of cases, including crowding, spacing, crossbite, overbite and underbite.
- Straightens your teeth.
- Average cost is about $5500 with $500 off ($208 / month for two years no interest with approved credit)
- Allows you to eat whatever foods you enjoy.
- Lets you remove the device when you want.
- Lets you enjoy virtually invisible teeth-straightening.
- Allows you to brush and floss your teeth normally for better periodontal health.
- Consists of smooth, comfortable plastic instead of sharp metal that is more likely to irritate your cheeks and gums.
- Frees up your busy schedule, with office visits only every four to six weeks.
For more information on Invisalign®, visit the Invisalign® website