Teeth Cleaning & Periodontal Maintenance
Here at Salling & Tate our primary goal is to keep your smile happy and healthy for life. Our doctors understand that good oral health can play a major role in the quality of your life and overall health. We are committed to keeping you well informed about your oral health with regular exams and professional dental cleanings twice a year.
Our team of dentist and hygienists take a gentle approach to dental cleanings, ensuring that you never feel any discomfort or anxiety. We will perform a complete oral exam during your cleaning to look for signs of tooth decay and gum disease. We will also do a screening for oral cancer and a periodontal exam to evaluate the health of your gums. Once we have completed your cleaning, the doctor will explain the results of the exam informing you of any potential issues. Should you have any questions or concerns our friendly staff will listen carefully and advise you on all of your treatment options.
Of course, the best way to ensure you will have a great exam is by brushing and flossing twice a day. A good home-care oral health regimen can go a long way in preventing cavities and gum disease.
If you experience any discomfort or sensitivity during your cleaning, our staff can use a topical anesthetic to alleviate any discomfort.
During a dental cleaning, you’ll receive both diagnostic and preventive services from your dentist.
Diagnostic services include:
- Reviewing and updating medical history, including information about heart problems, pregnancy, diabetes and medications, which may have an impact on your oral health
- Oral cancer examination and screening
- Evaluation of gum tissue
- Checking biting, chewing and swallowing patterns
- X-rays or examination of teeth to detect decay
- Referral to specialists for specific treatment
Preventive services include:
- Removal of plaque and tartar
- Stain removal
- Fluoride application
- Sealants (for children)
- Polishing teeth, including fillings and crowns
- Cleaning and adjustment of dentures and partial dentures